- the title contains "Henry Gassaway"
Showing Results: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection Number: A&M.0717
Scope and Contents Additional papers of Henry G. Davis, mainly cancelled checks and check tubs. There are several letters, telegrams and freight bills, 1875-1897; and bank statements; U.S. geological Survey Maps; and a picture of George R. Latham.
Collection Number: A&M.1028
Scope and Contents Correspondence and other papers of politician and industrialist Henry Gassaway Davis (November 16, 1823 - March 11, 1916), a Democrat who served in the West Virginia Legislature, 1866-1871, and the U.S. Senate, 1871-1883. Davis was also the Democratic vice-presidential nominee in 1904. A reel of microfilm includes two private account books (1867-1915) and a letter book (1898-1916), which mentions several state and national Democratic leaders including Stephen B. Elkins and John T. McGraw. There...
Collection Number: A&M.0013
Scope and Contents Collection materials contain letters received from 1865 to 1916, copies of letters sent, miscellaneous maps, business documents, and account books. Letters received arranged alphabetically and chronologically in boxes which are grouped as Business, Coal and Coke, H. G. Davis and Bro., Miscellaneous, Personal, politics, Railroads, Real Estate, and Timber; many of the volumes have complete indices of addresses.Among the correspondents are John D. Alderson, George W. Atkinson, W.H....
- Names: Davis, Henry Gassaway, 1823-1916 X
- Politics and government. 2
- West Virginia -- Politics and government 2
- Account books 1
- Bank books 1
- Banks and banking 1
- Coal mining. 1
- Elk Garden Coal Field. 1
- Lumber industry and timber. 1
- Lumber trade 1
- Railroads 1
- Railroads - West Virginia Central and Pittsburgh Railway. 1
- United States Congressmen - West Virginia. 1
- United States. Congress. Senate 1
- West Virginia - Politics and government. 1
- West Virginia - Semi-Centennial. 1
- West Virginia - politics. 1
- West Virginia Geological Survey 1
- West Virginia. Legislature 1 ∧ less