Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection Number: A&M.0026
Scope and Contents The collection contains record books and papers covering a period from the formation of the county of Monongalia in 1776 to 1933. The collection is broken prior to 1796. There are approximately six hundred thousand pieces including papers on civil and criminal cases, bonds, deeds, wills, licenses, settlements of public offices, school reports, and other papers commonly filled or recorded at county courthouses in the Virginias.There are two hundred and seventy-five volumes covering a...
Collection Number: A&M.0487
Scope and Contents Papers, mainly orders, of the Board of Overseers of the Poor, and Board of Supervisors; also miscellaneous orders, Sheriff's receipts; and Officers of Election accounts for 1863.
Collection Number: A&M.3620
Overview Articles of agreement for establishment of Pleasant Furnace in Monongalia County, Virginia, between John B. Armistead of Loudoun County, Virginia, and John Davis, Henry Dering Junior, and Isaac Hite Williams of Morgantown, Monongalia County, Virginia dated 20 December 1797.
Collection Number: A&M.2410
Overview Receipts for fiduciary settlements filed in Monongalia County, Clerk of the County Court, from June 11, 1929 to March 23, 1934.
Collection Number: A&M.4456
Content Description A presentment by the Grand Jurors of Monongalia County explaining their disapproval of recent acts by the United States Congress and the General Assembly of Virginia. (In legal terms, a "presentment" is the notice taken or statement made by a grand jury of an offense from their own knowledge without a bill of indictment laid before them.) The Jurors' complaint against the United States Congress regards a bill raising salaries for congressmen. Regarding the General Assembly of Virginia, the...
Collection Number: A&M.0044
Overview Copies of rules and regulations determining the order of drafting by local boards; an index to serial numbers in master list; a list of names in registration of 5 June 1917; a list of registrants, 12 September 1918; names of persons inducted by the Monongalia County Board; and an alphabetical list of the selective service class of 1918.
- Names: Monongalia County Court X
- Account books 2
- Court records 2
- Monongalia County (W. Va.) 2
- Birth, marriage, and death records. 1
- Builders and contractors. 1
- Coal mining - coal companies. 1
- Coal mining. 1
- Education 1
- Elections 1
- General stores 1
- Land. 1
- Medicine. SEE ALSO Folk medicine. 1
- Mills and mill-work 1
- Monongalia County (W. Va.) -- World War, 1914-1918 1
- Monongalia County - court records. 1
- Monongalia County Court Records - Fiduciary settlements. 1
- Pleasant Furnace. 1
- Politics and government. 1
- Schools. SEE ALSO Academies 1
- Statehood politics -- West Virginia 1
- Surveyors and surveying. 1
- Taxation 1
- Virginia - General Assembly. 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 1
- West Virginia - Politics and government. 1
- West Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 1
- West Virginia. Legislature 1
- Western Virginia -- Politics 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less