Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Collection Number: A&M.1888
Overview Correspondence, legal papers, photographs, and printed materials of John W. Mason (1842-1917). Mason was a circuit court and state Supreme Court judge, member of the Virginia State Debt Commission, and commissioner of Internal Revenue. The general correspondence contains personal and business letters, as well as manuscript speeches, notebooks, and reports. The period while Mason was circuit judge is particularly sparse. Also includes Internal Revenue correspondence consisting of about 8,500...
Collection Number: A&M.0400
Overview One bond regarding a fund-raising lottery (1832) and a printed invitation to student examination (1834) related to the Monongalia Academy, Morgantown, West Virginia.
Collection Number: A&M.3457
Overview Thirteen documents detailing the management of fund raising lotteries held to support the Monongalia Academy, Morgantown, 1832-1846. Includes bonds and letters from the Trustees of the Academy and the firms that administered the lotteries.
Collection Number: A&M.0401
Overview One printed invitation to a student examination (1834) issued by the Monongalia Academy, Morgantown, West Virginia.
Collection Number: A&M.3616
Overview Bound, manuscript math work book in fine calligraphy from the Monongalia Academy of Morgantown, Virginia (West Virginia) dating from 1841. Most math problems in the book are algebraic.
Collection Number: A&M.2971
Overview Minutes of the meetings of the Trustees dealing with raising and disbursing of funds, the establishment of rules and regulations and the hiring of personnel to supervise and to instruct at the Academy. Special mention is made of site location and awarding and payment of contracts for the erection of a new building. The new building was completed in 1831, located at the northeast corner of Spruce and Walnut Streets. Also mentioned are the trustee boards' decisions on acquiring property and...
Collection Number: A&M.0529
Overview Copy of grade report for Samuel Haldeman issued by Monongalia Academy, Morgantown, West Virginia, in 1853. There is also a letter (3 pages on 2 leaves) from Ada Haldeman Ford providing biographical information on Samuel Haldeman.
Collection Number: A&M.0403
Overview A 7-page deed transferring the Monongalia Academy and Woodburn Seminary property, Morgantown, West Virginia, to the West Virginia Agricultural College in April 1867.
Collection Number: A&M.0068
Overview Three tuition receipts and four grade reports issued by Monongalia Academy, Morgantown, West Virginia, for student H. Lowe.
- Names: Monongalia Academy (Morgantown, W. Va.) X
- Morgantown (W. Va.) 11
- Women's schools. 10
- Academies (Private schools) 7
- Universities and colleges 6
- Account books 3
- Monongalia County (W. Va.) 3
- Women's history -- 1850-1899 3
- Birth, marriage, and death records. 2
- Cemeteries and cemetery readings 2
- Education 2
- Genealogy 2
- Marion County (W. Va.) 2
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 2
- Monongalia County - schools. 2
- Revolutionary War. 2
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 2
- Women's history -- 1800-1849 2
- Academies 1
- African Americans -- Education (Higher) 1
- Banks and banking 1
- Churches -- Forks of Cheat Baptist 1
- Coal industry. 1
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Education -- West Virginia 1
- Elections 1
- Grafton. 1
- Henry v. Pierpoint 1
- Ku Klux Klan 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc 1
- Monongalia Academy. Fund Raising (1832-1846) 1
- Schools 1
- Schools - Monongalia County. 1
- Schools. SEE ALSO Academies 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- Virginia - Debt Commission. 1
- Virginia-West Virginia debt controversy. 1
- Women -- Education 1 ∧ less