Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Collection Number: A&M.2835
Overview Material written and collected by a former curator of the West Virginia and Regional History Collection that includes bibliographies, transcripts, photostats, papers and historical sketches on various aspects of West Virginia history. Items deal with prominent West Virginia University historians, the Civil War, early settlement, industrial growth, and West Virginia University. A number of letters and circulars discuss the West Virginia Historical Society in 1869.
Collection Number: A&M.2324
Overview Lecture notes, clippings, notes, and drafts for A History of European Civilization, Volume 1, and other miscellaneous papers of Jason C. Easton, former professor of history at West Virginia University (WVU). The collection also contains Dr. Easton's correspondence with several former students serving in the military during World War II dating from ca. 1942-1946. Other WWII items include ration books for food, gasoline, and liquor; and two unpublished sound recordings on disc of a radio...
Collection Number: A&M.2208
Overview Correspondence, speeches, manuscripts, research notes, and other papers of a historian who served on the faculty of West Virginia University from 1932 to 1965 and as chairman of the history department from 1946 to 1962. Included are: his official as well as personal correspondence; notes for speeches; research notes, rough drafts and proofs for his published works on William L. Wilson and Johnson Newlon Camden; exams, outlines, and notes for classes he taught; material relating to the...
Collection Number: A&M.0115
Scope and Contents Another manuscript given by Dr. Callahan is his "History of the Christian Church in Western Europe." The title is self-explanatory. The work demonstrates the result of careful research.5 boxes contain notes, letters and documents gathered from the time Dr.Callahan was a student at the Johns Hopkins University until the year of his retirement from West Virginia University. This work pertains to the development of these in American History, chiefly in the field of diplomacy; however a...
Collection Number: A&M.0839
Scope and Contents This is the second accesion of Dr.Callahan's papers and includes the correspondence of Dr.Callahan and various members of the Callahan and Fuloher families, 1869-1956; mauscripts, notes, documents and printed materials used in research, galley proofs, reprints and bibliographical lists of published writings of Dr. Callahan; class room materials, and various WVU. department reports; family diaries and genealogical information.The correspondence includes a letter from Theodore Roosevelt, February...
Collection Number: A&M.1000
Scope and Contents Letters to Dr. Callahan, mainly from members of his family; typescripts on the history of West Virginia University; and miscellaneous research and clippings relating to his published and unpublished writings.
Collection Number: A&M.1041
Scope and Contents Letters to Callahan at West Virginia University from F.A. Updyke, French E. Chadwick, Charles G. Fenwick, Harold Temperly, and George A. Finch, regarding book reviews and Callahan's writtings.
Collection Number: A&M.4407
Scope and Contents One box of 16 mm negative microfilm containing a typescript draft with editing and proofreading notes of "History of West Virginia University: Problems and Policies" by Dr. J. M. Callahan; contains 817 exposures.
Collection Number: A&M.1179
Scope and Contents Typescript copy of "Foundations of American Continental Security Policy and Inter-American Relations; A Study in American Diplomacy," by James Morton Callahan.
Collection Number: A&M.1075
Scope and Contents These papers include two typescript drafts and a carbon of Dr. Callahan's autobiography, "Evolution of a Midwestern Octogenarian -- Incidents of a Busy Life", and a typescript of "Foundations of American Northern Frontier Development".
- Names: West Virginia University. Department of History X
- Universities and colleges 7
- West Virginia -- History 3
- West Virginia University. Presidency 3
- Indiana 2
- West Virginia University -- History 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- American Continental Security Policy 1
- American diplomacy 1
- American northern frontier 1
- Appalachian Region 1
- Authors, American -- Appalachian Region 1
- Christian Church -- Western Europe 1
- Civil War - OH 32nd. Inf. , Co. A. 1
- Civil War - West Virginia. 1
- Coal industry. 1
- Democratic National Convention of 1928. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life 1
- Genealogy 1
- Greene County (Pa.) 1
- Historic preservation - property inventories. 1
- Iron furnaces and iron industry. 1
- Labor 1
- Midwestern octogenarians 1
- Monongalia County (W. Va.) 1
- Morgantown (W. Va.) 1
- Morgantown, WV - Historic building Survey. 1
- Pennsylvania 1
- Photography 1
- Politics and government. 1
- Railroads - Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. 1
- Revolutionary War. 1
- Rivers and river valleys. 1
- Salt industry - Kanawha County. 1
- Salt industry - West Virginia. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- West Virginia - Civil War. 1
- West Virginia Collection - West Virginia University Library. 1
- West Virginia University - Presidential Selection Committee. 1
- Wheeling (W. Va.) 1
- World War II. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Army Special Training Program 1
- books 1 ∧ less