West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Collection Number: A&M.2523
Overview Negatives and other material from the Gravely and Moore Studio of Charleston, West Virginia. The majority of items within the collection are cellulose acetate negatives; the collection also includes glass plate negatives, prints, two photograph albums, and other material, as well as a card catalog documenting business transactions with customers. The collection is organized into customer project files as established by the Studio; the contents of these files are stored in envelopes usually...
Collection Number: A&M.2338
Overview School lists for Springfield and Duck Lick, Hampshire County, 1906 and 1907; hand-written Act of the West Virginia Legislature creating a School for the Deaf and Blind at Romney, 1871; and an agreement between George Deaver and John Eaton relating to the sale of a tract of land in Hampshire County, 1887.
Collection Number: A&M.1976
Overview Correspondence of the West Virginia State Board of Control, which was responsible for all state correctional institutions, educational institutions, and hospitals from 1909 to 1949. Individuals serving on the three-man board at various times were John S. Lakin, J.W. Barnes, J.A. Chambers, J.S. Darst, Edgar B. Stewart, J.Z. Terrell, W.R. Thurmond, John B. White, and F.W. McCullough. State institutions covered in the correspondence are Bluefield State College; Berkeley Springs Sanitarium;...