The records and papers of a Randolph County church the Helvetia German Evangelical Reformed (later Zion Presbyterian), containing minute books, treasurer records, newsletters, correspondence and photographs. The early records of the Helvetia church are in German, the original language of the immigrant Swiss pioneers and founders of the church and Helvetia. The records are reflective of the struggles of the congregation in financing and constructing the church building and becoming affiliated with a denomination. The records also indicate the "Americanization" of the immigrant community reflected in the change in language of the documents from German to English and in the change of denomination membership from German Evangelical Reformed to that of the Presbyterian Church-U.S.A. in 1947 where it has since shared a pastor with the Pickens Presbyterian Church.
No special access restriction applies.
Permission to publish or reproduce is required from the copyright holder. For more information, please see the Permissions and Copyright page on the West Virginia and Regional History Center website.
0.2 Linear Feet (Summary: 2 in. (1 folder, 2 in); 7 reels of microfilm)
West Virginia and Regional History Center / West Virginia University / 1549 University Avenue / P.O. Box 6069 / Morgantown, WV 26506-6069 / Phone: 304-293-3536 / Fax: 304-293-3981 / URL: https://wvrhc.lib.wvu.edu/