Scope and Contents
Collection of material related to Clarksburg and Bridgeport, West Virginia, including:
1) Public records, including court appointments, summons, and a case (12 items, 1804-1852).
Public records includes several manuscripts regarding the Thomas Jonathan Jackson ("Stonewall") family of Harrison County, including government appointments, court papers, and letters (1802-1834). There is also a request for a writ from Waitman Willey of Morgantown to the Clerk of Supreme Court of Law in Harrison County referencing Nathan Goff, a prominent businessman and banker in Harrison County (undated).
2) Advertising card for Mme. Ulman's Parlors (1 item, ca. 1910-1920).
3) Letterheads for businesses and services, including agricultural supplies, amusements (billiards, motion pictures, theaters, vaudeville), automobile repair shops, banks, beauty parlors, clothes, contractors, food manufacturing (candy, macaroni, and flour mill), greenhouse, grocers, hardware, home furnishings, jewelers, laundry, pharmacies, photography studios, and restaurants (89 items, ca. 1900-1930).
4) Postcards of Baltimore and Ohio (B&O) Railroad depot, banks, bird's eye views, buildings, churches, hospitals, industry, (chemical, glass, pottery, tin), schools, and streets (39 regular postcards, 8 small ones, ca. 1910-1930).
5) Newspaper entitled "Harrison County Whig, And Western Virginia Advertiser" (1 item; 8-3-1843).
0.1 Linear Feet (Summary: 1 in. (3 folders))