Two .tif files which are scans of black and white photos depicting the mob that moved county court records from the St. George courthouse to the Parsons courthouse on 1893 August 2, as part of a dispute about the location of the county seat. Also included are two .docx files describing the photos.
No special access restriction applies.
Researchers may access born digital materials by visiting the link attached to each item or by requesting to view the materials in person by appointment or remotely by contacting the West Virginia & Regional History Center reference department at https://westvirginia.libanswers.com/wvrhc.
Permission to publish or reproduce is required from the copyright holder. For more information, please see the Permissions and Copyright page on the West Virginia and Regional History Center website.
0.003 Gigabytes (4 files, formats include .tif and .docx)
West Virginia and Regional History Center / West Virginia University / 1549 University Avenue / P.O. Box 6069 / Morgantown, WV 26506-6069 / Phone: 304-293-3536 / Fax: 304-293-3981 / URL: https://wvrhc.lib.wvu.edu/