- the title contains kilgore
Showing Results: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection Number: A&M.0967
Overview Papers of Harley M. Kilgore, U.S. Senator from West Virginia. Includes typescripts, correspondence, printed materials, clippings, broadsides, and a photograph. Topics include congressional bills and legislation on diverse subjects; committees with which Kilgore was involved, including the Senate Military Affairs Subcommittee on War Mobilization, the Truman Committee, the Committee on Military Affairs, and the Committee on the Judiciary; the National Science Foundation; various presidential...
Collection Number: A&M.1500
Overview Papers of Harley M. Kilgore, U.S. Senator from West Virginia. Contains material on the Senate Judiciary Committee and its various subcommittees including the anti-monopoly, internal security, and immigration groups. Other papers deal with the Special Committee Investigating the National Defense Program (also known as the Truman Committee), West Virginia elections, and the National Guard. There is one box of campaign materials and various speeches. Correspondents include Bernard M. Baruch; Rush...
Collection Number: A&M.3143
Overview Papers of Harley M. Kilgore, U.S. Senator from West Virginia. Includes typescripts, clippings, printed materials, and correspondence regarding U.S. Senate voting and campaigning; the Senate Judiciary Committee; correspondence with Federal government agencies, various individuals, and West Virginia state agencies; Senate legislation on a variety of topics, including appropriation, education, health, and housing; various West Virginia subjects and individuals; Kilgore's speeches, press releases,...
Collection Number: A&M.1108
Overview Papers of Harley M. Kilgore, U.S. Senator from West Virginia. This collection includes typescripts, manuscripts, correspondence, and printed material. The majority of the collection pertains to domestic affairs topics, including political campaigns, the Rosier-Martin contest for the Senate in 1941, bills introduced or sponsored by Kilgore, papers dealing with his activities as juvenile judge, and papers relating to various organizations and societies. Most of these papers relate to individuals,...
Collection Number: A&M.3335
Overview Papers of WV Senator Harley M. Kilgore; includes correspondence, clippings, facsimiles of Nazi banking correspondence, legislative files, and speeches.
Collection Number: A&M.0491
Overview Contains a typescript script of a radio broadcast by Senator Kilgore and David C. Mearns concerning the Lincoln papers in the Library of Congress.
Collection Number: A&M.1068
Overview This collection contains two eagle flag staff toppers from Senator Kilgore's Washington, D.C. office, government documents, and other printed material, including National Petroleum Council reports. See Historical Note for more information on Senator Kilgore.
- Elections 3
- Political campaigns 2
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Communism 1
- Educational law and legislation 1
- Flags 1
- Judges -- West Virginia 1
- Legislation - United States. 1
- Nuremberg Trial of Major German War Criminals, Nuremberg, Germany, 1945-1946 1
- Petroleum industry and trade 1
- Refugees - Legal status, laws, etc. 1
- Taxation 1
- United States -- National Guard 1
- Veterans -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States 1
- World War II. 1 ∧ less
- United States. Congress. Senate 4
- Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972 3
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on the Judiciary 3
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Holt, Rush Dew, 1905-1955 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Military Affairs. Subcommittee on War Mobilization. 2
- United States. Congress. Senate. Special Committee Investigating the National Defense Program 2
- Baruch, Bernard M. (Bernard Mannes), 1870-1965 1
- Harriman, W. Averell (William Averell), 1891-1986 1
- Huie, William Bradford, 1910-1986 1
- Lewis, John L. (John Llewellyn), 1880-1969 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 - Manuscripts. 1
- Mearns (David Chambers), 1899-1981 1
- National Petroleum Council 1
- National Science Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Revercomb, Chapman, 1895- 1
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, 1884-1962 1
- Rosier, Joseph, 1870-1951 1
- Stevenson, Adlai E. (Adlai Ewing), 1900-1965 1
- United States. Civil Aeronautics Administration 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Appropriations 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Military Affairs 1 ∧ less