Collection Number: A&M.0110
Business, political, and official correspondence of the eleventh governor, 1901-1905, of West Virginia. Owner and editor of the STATE JOURNAL, Parkersburg, 1881-1899, White was associated with many banking and manufacturing enterprises, and was tax commissioner of West Virginia in 1907 and 1908, collector of internal revenues in 1889, 1897, and 1921, and a Republican member of the legislature in 1926. Among the correspondents are G.W. Atkinson, Waitman T. Barbe, Calvin Coolidge, John J. Cornwell, H.G. Davis, Thomas B. Davis, W.M.O. Dawson, Alston G. Dayton, Davis Elkins, Stephen B. Elkins, Guy D. Goff, Howard M. Gore, M.A. Hanna, Henry D. Hatfield, William McKinley, A.W. Mellon, E.F. Morgan, H.C. Ogden, N.B. Scott, Hugh I. Shott, Joseph P. Smith, George C. Sturgiss, and I.C. White.
- White, Albert Blakeslee (1856-1941) (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
No special access restriction applies.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish or reproduce is required from the copyright holder. For more information, please contact the West Virginia and Regional History Center.
16.2 Linear Feet (Summary: 16 ft. 1 1/2 in. (23 document cases, 5 in. each); (22 small flat storage boxes, 3 in. each); (4 large flat storage boxes, 3 in. each); (1 oversize folder, 1/2 in.))
West Virginia and Regional History Center / West Virginia University / 1549 University Avenue / P.O. Box 6069 / Morgantown, WV 26506-6069 / Phone: 304-293-3536 / Fax: 304-293-3981 / URL: https://wvrhc.lib.wvu.edu/
- Atkinson, Geo. W. (George Wesley), 1845-1925
- Banks and banking
- Barbe, Waitman, 1864-1925
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933
- Cornwell, John J. (John Jacob), 1867-1953
- Davis, Henry Gassaway, 1823-1916
- Davis, Thomas B.
- Dawson, William M.O.
- Dayton, Alston Gordon
- Elkins, Davis, 1876-1959
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911
- Goff, Guy Despard, 1867-1933
- Gore, Howard M.
- Hanna, M.A.
- Hatfield, Henry Drury, 1875-1962
- McKinley, William, 1843-1901
- Mellon, Andrew W. (Andrew William), 1855-1937
- Morgan, E.F.
- Ogden, H. C.
- Parkersburg State Journal
- Politicians -- United States
- Politics and government.
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- Scott, Nathan Bay, 1842-1924
- Shott, Hugh Ike.
- Smith, Joseph P.
- Sturgiss, George C.
- United States -- Politics and government
- West Virginia - Governors.
- West Virginia -- Politics and government
- White, A.B.
- White, I. C. (Israel Charles), 1848-1927
- Albert Blakeslee White (1856-1941) Papers, 1888-1929
- Staff of the West Virginia & Regional History Center
- Description rules
- Language of description